Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labels

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
kate_vanhout
415 Views, 3 Replies

Labels

I am creating a title block in Revit Architecture 2012.  I am trying to create new labels for my title block and cannot seem to get it to work.  I created a shared parameter and added the parameters I wanted to add to my title block.  I chose the "common" discipline and the type of parameter as "text".  I added these parameters to the label parameters I wanted to insert into the title block.  When I do so they show up in the edit family, but when I load them into my project they don't show up.  Can anyone explain to me what I am doing wrong? and how to go about doing this correctly?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

You are doing well, just missing the last part. In the project, you need to add the parameter. Go to Manage > Project Parameters > Add > Shared parameters > select (bring your parameter) > instance or type > applies to > sheets or project information (depending on the purpose of the label).

After that, you need to enter values in your parameter. If it applies to sheets, do it in the properties of the sheet. If it was Project Information, you enter the value in Manage > Project information. Then, the label in the titlebock shows the value.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4

Thanks so much! 

Message 4 of 4
aalonsojaver
in reply to: kate_vanhout

thanks!!! I had the same problem!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report