Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labeling Issue

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jseward123
336 Views, 2 Replies

Labeling Issue

Regarding Revit 2014.

I want to change the properties of device labels. In the attached picture, the one type of receptacle has a label whose default properties block out the lines underneath. How can I change the properties for the label on the other receptacle? 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: jseward123

That is a property of the Label element within the nested Annotation Family. Right-click on the Family, and select "Edit Family" to open it in the Family Editor. It should open to a 3D View of the Family, so switch to the "Ref. Level" View in the Project Browser, under 'Floor Plans'. Right-click on the nested Annotation Symbol in the center of the Family and select "Edit Family" again. Now select the Label (the text) and click "Edit Type..." at the top of Properties. In the following dialog, set the value of "Background" as desired and hit 'OK'. Click "Load into Project" on the Ribbon and from the list, select the original Family, hit 'OK', and opt to "Overwrite the existing version". Click "Load into Project" again, but this time select the Project and again opt to "Overwrite the existing version".

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
jseward123
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thank you! Great detailed answer coupled with my astute reading comprehension! Robot Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report