Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keynotes - Can you show only the number and not the identifier?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dimtick
1149 Views, 3 Replies

Keynotes - Can you show only the number and not the identifier?

I apologize if this is a repeat.  I did a search but not find this topid discussed.

My office uses keynotes with the 6 digit csi number and discriptor text below.   they don't use keynote legends.

With each keynote there is the 6 digit CSI number and then a keynote identifier letter  (A,B,C, etc)

Is there a way to hide the identifier extention so that only the CSI number is visable? 

for example:

09 29 00

5/8" Gypsum Board

instead of:

09 29 00.B

5/8" Gypsum Board

sample detail.jpg

Thanks

Chuck

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
GPR_MN
in reply to: dimtick

The Keynotes are accessing a .txt file that lives within the Program Data/Autodesk/RVT(version)/Libraries/US Imperial folder/RevitKeynotes_Imperial.txt

If you open this in a text viewer, you will see the CSI format that is presented in the keynotes.

Manually modifying this text file to lose the letter designation, saving it in a desired location, and then directing the Keynote path to your new modified .txt will get you there.

Message 3 of 4
dimtick
in reply to: GPR_MN

Thanks for your reply!!!

The problem is that there could be a dozen or more keynotes that all point to the same CSI number.  Revit requires that every keynote have a unique identifier which is how you end up with the A,B, C etc. suffix's being tacked onto the CSI number.

With other offices this hasn't been a problem because they only showed the text but this office also shows the CSI number.   Currently they have a general note saying to ignore the letter suffix's.   I've been hoping that there is a way to only show the 6 digit CSI number and not the identifier suffix. 

My other option is to go thru all the keynotes and add the CSI number to the keynote text and then set the keynote to only display the text.

It's not the end of the world but there are a lot of keynotes to go thru so I was hoping there was an easier way.

Message 4 of 4
lbourdo
in reply to: dimtick

Hello there,

We are trying to do the same thing.  Have you determined a way to remove the decimal designator?

Thanks,

Lorne

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report