Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keynote tag family custom parameter: instance vs. type

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gsucci
2001 Views, 2 Replies

Keynote tag family custom parameter: instance vs. type

Hi all,

I opened the keynote tag family, add an instance parameter (just a yes/No for the visibility of a text element) and in the project the tag shows the text element, but the instance parameter is not shown in the tag properties window.

I then went back into the family, and changed the parameter from instance to type, and now I see the parameter in the type property. So, basically, I cannot turn the text element on and off by instance but I have to create a new tag type.

Is this a feature or just a glitch?

thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: gsucci

Unfortunately, that's how it works - Instance Parameters do not work within Tag Families. 'Twould be really nice to be able to, though. Until such improvement is made, we must create multiple Types it suit our needs.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
ConradR1
in reply to: gsucci

ARRRGH! STILL THE SAME IN 2014!? One more for the Wish List Laundry list!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report