Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key Plan at a very small scale

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
octavio2
2684 Views, 11 Replies

Key Plan at a very small scale

Question #1: To my Sections Sheet, I am adding a Key Plan of each floor to show where the sections are cut.  I duplicated a plan of each floor and renamed it "Floor # - Key Plan", and added the view to the Sections Sheet at a small scale, and now I am using a 1" = 80'-" scale for these key plans.   I am able to hide all the unwanted annotations elements, but I notice that some like the "UP" and "DN" of stairs, which are very large, do not go away without erasing the stairs also. 

How can I leave the stairs at this small scale but without the associated annotation?

(I also notice that this happens with elements like Washer (W), the Water Heater (WH), etc).

Question # 2. Related question: Do Revit has a "Key Plan" creation fuction to automate this work?

Thanks in advance.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

in the View select the UP or DN , then in Properties >Text > uncheck Show UP Text...

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 12

select the Stair Path in fact...not UP, DN....

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 4 of 12

for question 2:

make a Template View with all the settings you want for your indicator thumbnail and save it as part of the Project Template so to be available for the future...

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 5 of 12

for an overral control on all the stairs of the View , better use:

Properties>Visibility/Grapics Overrides >Edit> Annotation Categories>Stair Paths> expand it-(push +) > you can control now all the texts and arrows of the stairs from the view....

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 6 of 12

Thanks for the answer, Constantin, the answer to question #1 worked for the stairs very well.  I was not able to take out the letters from the washers and dryers and the water heater (that is OK for now, I will explore how to do that in the future).

I also will explore how to work with the templates of answer #2 in the future and will get back to you and the newsgroup.

Thanks a lot.

Message 7 of 12
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: octavio2

Why not a simple, schematic, annotation family,  representing the floor plan view and/or the section of the building, with simple lines and shaded areas in each part of the building, with some visibility parameters for the shaded areas, so that you can turn on and off a certain area in certain views?  That's the way key plans are done, not as a small view of the real project.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 8 of 12

click on the diswasher > Edit Family > in family editor on image click on framed DW >in Properties> Graphics

1. > uncheck Visible. Reload the family into the project...now it will not show the DW.
  2. more elegant solution: click on the right button from Visible >create a new parameter: visibil (or another name you want)

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 9 of 12

for Alfredo...

....and why not a View Template , a very simplified one with shaded..etc...Being conected, any changes to the building wiil be transmit then automaticaly to the schematic - thumbnail plan...

Constantin

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 10 of 12

Here there are 3 blog articles that explain how to make a simple key plan as an annotation family:

http://www.cadsoft-consult.com/blogs/architecture/2010/04/revit-implementation-series-creating-keypl...

http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=tech_talk_detail&article_id=30&jid=9835

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 11 of 12
octavio2
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I thought about making it simple like I had done in AutoCAD a lot of times before, but this time, to learn and out of curiosity, I used duplicates of the original plans and reduced these for the views of the key plans, cleaned them, etc., the hard way from what I fount out, but in the end the final products (of the key plans) do not look too bad from what you see in the attached PDF.  

I was hoping that there was an automated quick way to do that, but it seems there is not one yet in Revit.

Thanks for all your help and imputs, Constantin and Alfredo.  (Constantin, the 45 degree rotation of the Gymnasium is shown on the top section)

Message 12 of 12
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: octavio2

Well, those key plans in the PDF are not really too small. When the keyplan needs to go on a small space of the titleblock, maybe one little scheme for floor plans, and another one for sections, that's when the idea of the simple annotation family becomes very handy.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report