Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Curious

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
119 Views, 4 Replies

Just Curious

I'm in the midst of pulling all my teeth out trying to implement Revit "office wide" in our 4 person firm... 2 Partners and 2 P.A... (so far I'm the only one using it) You gotta love the people who would rather work on R14 for the rest of there life because it's "tradition". Anyway... Just wondering how many firms around the Seattle area are using Revit or have switched from CAD. Thanks... Paul Monsef ----------------------------- TSA | architects, pllc Production/CAD Manager
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Don't Know about the Seattle area but I can tell you the implementation in our office (Minneapolis) has been very slow as well. We are a 6 person firm with 3 of us being the real "production" guys and it has been a process of about 2 years to get us all working on Revit. I was the last holdout. We were moving from ADT 2005. It is hard to believe people will not switch from ACAD14. Once I gave in it, really was not all that hard. I just had to get into the "Zen" of Revit and give up the old ways. One week at home with my 5 year old, a laptop, and no access to ADT and I was sold. Maybe you just have to force the others in your office to go "cold turkey" I am sure they will not want to go back. Good luck! Jeff Hanson "Paul Monsef" wrote in message news:418a8398_3@newsprd01... > I'm in the midst of pulling all my teeth out trying to implement Revit > "office wide" in our 4 person firm... 2 Partners and 2 P.A... (so far I'm > the only one using it) > > You gotta love the people who would rather work on R14 for the rest of > there life because it's "tradition". > > Anyway... Just wondering how many firms around the Seattle area are using > Revit or have switched from CAD. > > Thanks... > > Paul Monsef > ----------------------------- > TSA | architects, pllc > Production/CAD Manager > > > > >
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Cold Turkey is the only way to go. We're trying to phase in Revit - one year in the process now. The jobs we've done in Revit have been successful - however our management is having me train people on a project by project basis. I've been at it a year and I see at least another year to go. Go in on a weekend. Take AutoCAD off their system. Install Revit. You should be fine in less than a month. "Jeff Hanson @blumentals.com>" wrote in message news:418adeed_1@newsprd01... > Don't Know about the Seattle area but I can tell you the implementation in > our office (Minneapolis) has been very slow as well. We are a 6 person firm > with 3 of us being the real "production" guys and it has been a process of > about 2 years to get us all working on Revit. I was the last holdout. We > were moving from ADT 2005. It is hard to believe people will not switch > from ACAD14. Once I gave in it, really was not all that hard. I just had > to get into the "Zen" of Revit and give up the old ways. One week at home > with my 5 year old, a laptop, and no access to ADT and I was sold. Maybe > you just have to force the others in your office to go "cold turkey" I am > sure they will not want to go back. Good luck! > > Jeff Hanson > > > "Paul Monsef" wrote in message > news:418a8398_3@newsprd01... > > I'm in the midst of pulling all my teeth out trying to implement Revit > > "office wide" in our 4 person firm... 2 Partners and 2 P.A... (so far I'm > > the only one using it) > > > > You gotta love the people who would rather work on R14 for the rest of > > there life because it's "tradition". > > > > Anyway... Just wondering how many firms around the Seattle area are using > > Revit or have switched from CAD. > > > > Thanks... > > > > Paul Monsef > > ----------------------------- > > TSA | architects, pllc > > Production/CAD Manager > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

HAHA, In a perfect world that would be the way to do it... I've already done 6+ projects completely in Revit and I'm at a loss in understanding why it's so hard to leave the archaic world of non-orthogonal lines and x-refs and layers and UGH!!! Any more hair pulling and I'll need to start working on.... :) Thanks for the advice. "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message news:418b8c75$1_1@newsprd01... > Cold Turkey is the only way to go. > > We're trying to phase in Revit - one year in the process now. The jobs > we've > done in Revit have been successful - however our management is having me > train people on a project by project basis. I've been at it a year and I > see > at least another year to go.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Because it's different from most of our classical architectural academic training and what we have learned and where are skills with software make doing a set of drawings reasonably comfortable.

I have always make the following statement when presenting Revit to groups and in client presentations that "architects are first to innovate new and creative use of space, implement new construction techniques and use of materials for clients but last to implement technologies to enhance and improve the develop our documentation and presentations in our practice."

That said, it will take several years for the AEC professions to accept and upgrade to building modeling software technology and another year or more to fully implement the features and benefits of parametric database modelers into their practice.

It is the firms willing to explore the richness of building modelers today and seize the opportunity to use software to enhance our design innovation and document coordination who will lead the AEC professions toward delivering better documentation while reducing costly overhead and offering greater service at competitive prices.

Mel Persin, AIA, AEC Instructor & Consultant

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report