Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining parapet cap

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rosbeh
2173 Views, 4 Replies

Joining parapet cap

What is the matter with all new software? Nothing is simple. Here's another problem that cost me a lot of time and effort: I have made a wall with a parapet on top using sweeps. However, no matter how much I try I can't get these four walls to join their parapet caps together around the corners. All the other walls are ok. It's just these four. I've tried disjoining and joining the walls, pulling and dragging the walls and/ord the caps back and forth without success. Please explain to me why this even should be an issue????

Capture.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
VWD-MLM
in reply to: rosbeh

Where is the line locations for your walls?  I'd check them 1st......seen cases where if they where to the 'inside' of the wall some sweeps wouldn't work right......Also may want ot look at the Sweep Profile itself, and it's origin/orientation.

Mike

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
BDSU 2015, 2016
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC
Message 3 of 5
ccollins

Try using the Wall Join Tool, and Miter the corners. Sometimes this cleans up the sweeps.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 4 of 5
rosbeh

As you can see, they are perfectly in line. As I said, the problem is not the profile itself, since sweeps using the same profile join perfectly elsewhere in the drawing.

Capture.JPG

Message 5 of 5
ccollins

Perfectly in line, perhaps--but are the walls actually Mitered? ( versus butt join, etc. )

(a small but important factor with wall joins and the way sweeps behave.)

If mitering the walls does not fix the sweep joins, then it could be something wrong with the profile,

as mentioned in the other reply.

You can also try using Modify sweep returns.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report