Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Join Roof extrusion to roof by footprint.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2531 Views, 3 Replies

Join Roof extrusion to roof by footprint.

My client wants the dormers (see attachment) to run from corner to corner as does the unfinished dormer on the upper left. The problem is when I try to model this by editing the footprint of the main roof (dorner on right side), the roof morphs into a hip roof and does things I don't want it to. So I created a new roof gable element by "Extrusion" (dormer on the left) hoping to blend this extrusion into the main roof element, cut an opening in the original roof, join together, etc, etc. and attatch the front wall to the roof above, as on the right.

My problem is, after I joined the extrusion to the main roof I can't find a way to edit extrusion so it doesnt extrude into the building and I can cut an "opening in dormer" becuase there are no dormer walls to choose as cut boundaries.

Anybody know how to start the dormers in the original "roof by footprint" at the corners and still hold the original gable roof lines - or otherwise join and clean up the extrusion so it doesn't extrude into the building?

I hope this makes sense. Thank you.

Shawn Graham

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

Is this what you mean? See attached illustration.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thank you for your effort sir. I had tried the technique you demonstrated, but there are subtle differences in the roof design that confound the result.

If you can look at the new attachement, you will see that I used your technique on the dormer in the left view, the result on the dormer is as desired - but the result if you compare to dormer in rt view, is that I loose the split level ridge line that I had and would like to keep becuase the resulting very tall wall in the left view is undesireable.

Thank you.

SG

PS, The roof fragment in the view on the left is just a bit of fill I created to fill under the main roof eave, so please ignore that.

Message 4 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

That is a different issue, not related to the original post. It requires other changes in the footprint. Maybe one of the options in this attached image?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report