Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Join Geometry - Error in Quantities...

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
pvennapusa
794 Views, 1 Reply

Join Geometry - Error in Quantities...

Hi All, I agree Revit is not an estimating or take-off program but we can generate as much as we can if we do perfectly. Here in India most of the construction is with cocrete columns, beams and floors. Even in Architectural drawings we show almost all the Structural stuff like columns in Plans and Floors and Beams in Sections where all the 3 should get flushed which can be achieved only with Join Geometry.

When a Window or Door is placed in a wall, the wall volume gets deducted automatically. Why not when we place a Structural Column or Beam which goes into the wall? It defenitely helps us a lot instead of using Join Geometry everytime. For more details on this topic you can refer the link: http://www.revitcity.com/forums.php?action=viewthread&thread_id=27636

Coming to my question after I used Join Geometry for my wall and beam, I am getting correct values for the wall without finishes and wrong values for my wall with finishes. I placed Beam in the wall and joined, One wall volume is 1.487 and other is 1.44. You can check the Wall Material Takeoff Schedule and check the values by unjoining the beam and joining again. Does anyone know the reason? Please let me know if I am missing something else? Attached is a screen shot and revit model.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
gustavomello
in reply to: pvennapusa

Hi. Tried this here with a small wall and got same errors than you. The only way i got it working was unlocking some layers in the wall and adjusting it´s heights to the bottom of the beam. This way i´ve achieved the correct areas and volumes of the materials. The problem still persists with the columns, in which case i´ll have so slice the walls and use a type with only the finishes to takeoff correctly.

Gustavo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report