Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with constraints and views

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
RJK42
410 Views, 3 Replies

Issues with constraints and views

I went through many tutorials for Revit architecture and now I am trying to tackle drawing my house.  I printed out the tutorials and going through them again but now using my house as a project.  I set the levels, and create walls during the tutorials but keep running in specific issues.  One example is even though I set my appropriate levels, not all levels are shown in all of the elevation views.

When I draw walls for the garage floor, I will click the Garage floor under floor plans, but when I start drawing up the floor its opposite of where I want it in regards to height so I had to create a new level called Garage T.O. Footing to make any sense of it.

Also, I'm trying to create walls for the main floor but when I click on main floor under floor plans, nothing is shown so I click on Bottom Floor Joist but it shows only the footer and not the foundation walls when the foundation walls are up to the level "Bottom Floor Joists"!!

I also tried something different that I have not encountered in the tutorials.  When I opened Revit to create a new Architecture project, I selected "Residential-Default" under the US Imperial templates.  I did this because I figure it would give me a good order to work from by following the defined views within the project browser.

I tried to attache the project file but it is too big. I attached some images instead

Thanks in advance!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
VWD-MLM
in reply to: RJK42

One reason things "may" not be showing up is the Level of Detail for you plan views........Change it from course to at least, and preferably Fine detial...more things will show.  2nd....check the View Range(s) to ensure they are picking up the levels below and above............Start there and see what happens.

Mike

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
BDSU 2015, 2016
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC
Message 3 of 4
RJK42
in reply to: VWD-MLM

The levels I mentioned are not showing the level directly below, -- the B.O. Floor joists is showing the footer but not the foundation wall which are directly below the level.  I'm not sure how to adjust the view range but why would it show the footer instead of the walls.

Also, I'm just manipulating the drawing to connect to the levels.  Maybe its just one of those things you just have to learn as you go.  It seems like I'm getting the appropriate levels in place, but would like to know more regarding the view range.

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
VWD-MLM
in reply to: RJK42

Search Youtube.there is an excellent video by Paul Aubin on View Ranges...........

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
BDSU 2015, 2016
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report