Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anyway to track where Revit Groups are used in the project?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
ingehaoen
4707 Views, 9 Replies

Is there anyway to track where Revit Groups are used in the project?

I am using Revit 2012 and am trying to keep track of where all the groups are used in the project.  Instead of clicking through all drawings to check, is there a quick way where I can find such information?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ccollins
in reply to: ingehaoen

Yes--in the Project Browser, they are listed under Detail and Model Groups.

Not sure if that was the answer you were looking for? It does not show WHERE they are located in the actual model.

You could try selecting a Group, then right click and "select all instances in view or project"?

( Don't have Revit open at the moment and can't recall if that works with Groups.)

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 10
ingehaoen
in reply to: ccollins

I am working on a project with 60+ levels and am trying to track on what levels one specific group is used.  I've tried selecting all instances in the entire project by using project browser, but it doesn't tell me what levels the group is on nor how many instances there are...

Message 4 of 10
ccollins

I do not think it is possible to Schedule Groups, and/or Filter by Level.

However, it IS possible to do so with Assemblies, in RAC 2012 and 2013.

Just a thought......

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 5 of 10
ingehaoen
in reply to: ccollins

Sounds good! I will give it a try!  Thank you!

Message 6 of 10
parveen.revit

not a direct answer but it may help.

• select the group in project browser, right click and select all intances in project
  • go to 3d view, isolate elements
  • now you will see the selected group instances only.
  • now you can orient to FRONT view in 3d and and draw a selection window for one floor, it should give you exact number of places where that group is used.

Parveen_Intec_Infocom (BIM, CAD, GIS, QS Services' Provider)
Message 7 of 10
GlynnisVP
in reply to: parveen.revit

My colleague, Ron Palma, wrote about this issue here:  http://ideatesolutions.blogspot.com/2011/09/searching-for-specific-content-with.html

Model Groups can be sorted by Level, though Detail Groups cannot.  After you sort them by level you can double-click on any instance to zoom to the view.

Regards,

Glynnis Patterson, Architect

www.ideateexplorer.com | www.ideatebimlink.com

Message 8 of 10
Jaiyakumar

Hi,
Not sure which version you are using, but we can schedule the groups and its reference levels.
Hope this answer your question @ingehaoen 

Message 9 of 10
mikchere

Yes, it is possible.

Go the any view such as floor plan, 3d, section, where the group is visible. Select the group and right click > Select All Instances> In Entire Project. Now Simply press 'BX'. It will go to the 3d view with section box. Without clicking anywhere, type 'HI'. It will isolate the selection. You will be able to see all the groups in the entire project.

Message 10 of 10
swapna1

You can isolate the model groups from the 3D using the 'select similar in the entire project' method.
But if it is an annotation detail group with multiple instances, it is difficult to locate all of them. But in case you are looking to locate a single group- you can select the group from the project browser and it shows the drawing name in properties as seen in the attached snip.

Regards,
Swapnali G 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report