Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anyway to attach a column base to a toposurface?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
sam_hsu
1329 Views, 2 Replies

Is there anyway to attach a column base to a toposurface?

Hello! I have a problem related to toposurface in Revit 2014:

As I know the cloumn bases & tops seem to only attach to roofs, floors & reference planes etc. Can they be attached to toposurface?? I know the column bases can be dragged below the toposuface, but I want the column bases just touch the toposurface. If it cannot doing this, is there other method to do the similar work?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

you can not attach it directly to a Toposurface. Anyway this is not as in real life, where you need a foundation for the columns that goes into the terrain...

But , if you want this , I suggest to use a workaround:

1. make a vertical Section through the columns and toposurface
  2. in this section , draw Level at a small distance from the terrain profile section line: in Section View > Architecture > Datum > Level
  3. Attach the column to that Level: select Column > Modify Column > Atach Top/Base > Base 
  4. In order to make visible the cut line in 3d View, use Building Pad: in 3d View and Wireframe Visual Stuyle -  Massing and Site > Building Pad > Boundary Lines > Pick Lines - pick on the base contour lines with with the Constraint (from Properties) set to the Level created in step 2

Image 004.png

Image 005.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 3

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for your advise and I will give it a shot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report