Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there any command like "PURGE" of AutoCAD in Revit Architecture?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
akkarar
1285 Views, 6 Replies

is there any command like "PURGE" of AutoCAD in Revit Architecture?

i am working on a hotel design project which is a multy story building.And my file has become too heavy.I have 2GB micro processor and 3GB RAM.what should i do?Because it is making my work difficult.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
melarch
in reply to: akkarar

File menu > Purge Unused. Also remeber to close open view windows frequently with Close all hidden windows in the Window menu.

Another tip is to develop your project using Revit links Import/Link from the file menu. You would create a shell and core project file and an interior room layouts project file and link the rooms project file into the shell and core file. This way you have two files each 50 mb but each with the other linked in only makes a 60 mb file instead of the combined 100 mb file.

Mel Persin, aia Edited by: melarch@comcast.net on Apr 9, 2009 6:53 AM
Message 3 of 7
akkarar

Thanks you sir,
one more thing I would like to ask that whenever i start working on any project,generally,I make my separate folder,and save that project in that folder.After that whenever I save my work again by ctrl+s it makes saveral copies with the name like project 1.rvt.0001and project 1.rvt.0002.but my original file always have the same name that is Project 1.rvt.I just wanna ask that why it do so?And how I could avoid making this kind of files?????????????? Edited by: akkarar on Apr 10, 2009 4:31 AM
Message 4 of 7
Scott_Womack

This is how Revit makes back-up files of a non-workset enabled file. You can set the max number of saved files to 2 or three, and it will cut down on the total number saved. You can also enable worksets, place the central file on the network, and the local on your machine, and it will stop making this type of file. It will create back-up directories, with a caompletely different back-up scheme.
Message 5 of 7
wolverine08

Linking files has been useful to me, but also I had room to add some RAM which really sped things up.
Message 6 of 7
terl_b

Mel, can you do a similar link by creating a separate file for drafted details? Or does it have to be the same file so that the section/detail callouts function properly?
Message 7 of 7
Scott_Womack

Drafting views from within a linked file cannot be seen in the main model. I just tried it, and in a new drafting view, when you go to View Properties then Graphic Overrides, there is no RVT tab to control the linked file from. The Drafting view names never appear in any other types of views for you to set the linked file view to. Your salvation, is to import from File/ Views and you can get the drafting views in that way.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report