Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to match wall external finish to the edge of rc floor slab?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ennujozlagam
1285 Views, 2 Replies

Is there a way to match wall external finish to the edge of rc floor slab?

Hi, is there a way to match external wall finish to the edge of floor slab (please see attached)? If I use paint it doesn't work because the edge of slab is not a face so it won’t apply? If i shorten the slab perimeter to the internal wall will solve my problem but it will affect the area computations and constructions.

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
enslinj
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Hi there,

Perhaps I am missunderstanding you, if so sorry 🙂

You are on the right track, however you can definitely paint the sides of slab & use join geometry to get rid of joint lines.
You may just need to tab select it before it pics up the side face. See attached.
Alertantively, perhaps isolate the floor category & try use paint tool than.

If you still can't select the side face, it must be something else....maybe your slab is part of a design option?

Regards

Enslin

Message 3 of 3
ennujozlagam
in reply to: enslinj

hi enslinj, you're  right i pick the wrong face. i know about the join geometry but bcoz the project still in design stage. thanks for your help.regards.

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report