Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a setting that allows you to accurate place the contours?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
wohleb
383 Views, 3 Replies

Is there a setting that allows you to accurate place the contours?

Is there a setting that allows you to accurate place the contours without the model automatically reconfiguring them?

Is there any way to only show the contours that areonly within the property line other than using the masking region process?

I’ve had no success at getting the model’s contours to accurately follow a rockery or retaining wall.

In creating documents that require review by the building departments and contractors I'm finding that Revit’s contour process to be very frustrating, time consuming and inaccurate. 

One of the primary issues is that we cannot legally modify the contours outside of our property lines.  In order to develop a topo document that is accurate enough to satisfy the building department and the contractor I’ve found that I have to forgo the model and draft the contours manually in 2D on the plans using detail lines.  Unfortunately this eliminates the cut and fill estimating.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ryan.duell
in reply to: wohleb

For most accurate results I would recommend creating the toposurface from an imported instance or points file.
Then ensure to adjust Massing & Site > Site Settings > Contour Line Display > At Intervals of: as needed:

For most accurate results I would recommend creating the toposurface from an imported instance or points file.

Then ensure to adjust Massing & Site > Site Settings > Contour Line Display > At Intervals of: as needed.  This will adjust the display of the toposurface on screen if you set it to a smaller value [for example 6"]:

Image Example: http://screencast.com/t/YWUyNzRhMTEt

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 4
wohleb

Thank you.  I've been trying that but the coutours seem to want to move as the next one is added.  I understand that this is really the modeling  applying a skin to the grade.  I'll try applying an even finer grading.  I'll let you know what I find.

How about cropping the countours at the property line (at least when the site plan is placed on a title block)?  Is there a clean way to complish this?

Message 4 of 4
loboarch

wohleb wrote:

How about cropping the countours at the property line (at least when the site plan is placed on a title block)?  Is there a clean way to complish this?

You can do this by drawing a toposurface beyond the property lines, then use the split surface tool.  You can then drw/trace the property lines as the split sketch.  Now you will have 2 seperate toposurfaces.  Select and delete the surface outside the property lines.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report