Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to uninstall and reinstall Revit 2015 before trial is up?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
emoelroy
337 Views, 2 Replies

Is it possible to uninstall and reinstall Revit 2015 before trial is up?

Hi,

I'm having a lot of problems with the family templates after installing the free trial of Revit 2015.  Will I be able to uninstall and reinstall Revit 2015 before my trial is over without any trouble, or will I be blocked from installing it again?  Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rosskirby
in reply to: emoelroy

You should be able to uninstall/re-install without a problem.  However, uninstalling/re-installing the program probably won't fix any issues you're having with the family templates.  Could you describe the problem you're having?

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 3
emoelroy
in reply to: rosskirby

The issue I am having is the content libraries are not available, even though I didn't receive any errors during install. When I open up Revit 2015, I get an error telling me that the path to the content libraries is not valid.   I followed the advice of a post by Tony Michniewicz suggesting that I try uninstalling the Content libraries with a windows command prompt -  MsiExec.exe /x{941030D0-1500-0410-0000-818BB38A95FC}.  According to the post, after I do this I should then be able to select the Autodesk Revit Content Libraries 2015 entry and click Uninstall/Change then at the main Revit Content Libraries 2015 maintenance page, click Add or Remove Programs, and then at the add or remove Content page, enable the checkboxes for each content pack, follow the prompts and the content libraries should be loaded at that point.  My problem is, after running the windows command prompt, I no longer have the option of accessing the Revit Content Libraries maintenance page.  All I can access (that I see) is the main Revit software maintenance page.  Any suggestions?  I am running Window 7 64 bit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report