Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Irregular Solid Concrete Slab

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Joangle3
2718 Views, 8 Replies

Irregular Solid Concrete Slab

Hello All!

First time poster, I was just wondering if anyone is able to give me some pointers.  I am looking to create an irregular concrete slab, with barrel vaulted ceilings on a small radial section of a circular slab, and a a parabolically curved upper section to the slab, and a large punched hole in the middle of the slab.  To this point, I have been able to achieve this using multiple components and masses, but I was wondering if there was a way to make a single object with a single solid material that may be able to achieve the same effect.  I have attached a section for ease of explaination.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Josh

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Joangle3

Welcome to the forum.

Was that really the best image you had available? 🙂

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 9
Joangle3
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Its for a school project, not taken into the construction documentation phase, so it's a fairly rough sketch but it gets the idea across, and, while the curves and edges will be considerable refined, i'm assuming the techniques to obtain the mass will be much the same.

If it helps, the sketch provided is a section cut through the diameter of the circular form.

Message 4 of 9

You can use : Component>Model in Place > Floors

the steps:

• in a Floor Plan view, draw a reference Plane (horizontal) , name it somehaw
  • in the South View ( parallel with the new made reference plane )  Component > Model in Place > Floors.....choose a name for it ...
  • Forms > Revolve > Work Plane > select as work plane the Reference Plane you already made
  • Draw > Boundary Line ..draw the profile of the slab (only one of those two you have)..now select Axis Line
  • and click the green check mark
  • it will result a circular shape with a hole in the middle

Instead of revolve you can use Extrude,  or Sweep ....the entity will act as a floor...the walls will attach to it

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 5 of 9

you can see in the attached file an example of such a floor...

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Joangle3

... I have been able to achieve this using multiple components and masses, ..

Josh

My question about the image refers to your own comment that says that you have already made this form, therefore a 3d view of what you have done would be better to understand the form.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 7 of 9

Thank you so much! that worked perfectly!

I do have one last question though, is there any way to limit the rotation of the component or cut a wedge out of the circle?

Thanks a ton for your help!

Message 8 of 9
Joangle3
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Sorry for the poor images, the multiple component version didnt work as well as i had hoped, and the form was lost in the mess, but i have attached the version i am working with now using constantin's suggestion.

Message 9 of 9

Select the floor >Edit In Place> select the floor again > look in Properties > Constraints> END ANGLE<>START ANGLE...you can there adjust the segment....Finish Model...

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report