Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor or Revit or Something Else

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rhuseman89
425 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor or Revit or Something Else

I would like some guidance on choosing a software package to make my life easier down the road.

I am a Licensed Mechanical Engineer in the Reciprocating Air Compressor sector and use Inventor on a daily basis to do my designs in.  I would rate myself as a 8 of 10 on experience with Inventor.  I have a couple of side projects coming up for a local resident construction company and I'm looking for a cad package that will make my life easier.  I've known of Revit  in the commercial construction industry.  I am debating using Inventor or Revit for doing residential construction drawings and models.  I would like to be able to do 2x4 wall easily through some sort of frame generator and make the design process go as quick as possible.  Does Revit have built in tools to make this easy?  I'm looking for a quick and easy solution.

Give me your input and let me know what you think?  Is the pay off of learning a new software (shouldn't be to hard) worth the rewards of Revit for residential use?  Is their another CAD package I should be looking at? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AJA14
in reply to: rhuseman89

Hi. Revit is definitely something to look into. But if I were you, I would download a free trial and give it a try. Personal experience is always unbiased.

Regards.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 4
rhuseman89
in reply to: AJA14

I plan on trying it out.  Does anyone else have any suggestions?  I've heard I should look into Factory Design Suite too.  Anyone know anything about it?

Message 4 of 4
LisaDrago
in reply to: rhuseman89

I would think Revit as the best way to go - Revit is on the AEC (Architecture Engineering and Construction) side and Inventor is on the Manufacturing side - so 2 totally different worlds.

If you are specifically looking for 3D - I would go Revit all the way. That is from personal experience and over 20 years in the industry.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report