Revit Architecture

Revit Architecture

J.Matos
Message 1 of 10 (1,201 Views)
Accepted Solution

Intersection problem between building pad and toposurface

1201 Views, 9 Replies
01-21-2013 04:27 PM

Hello! I couldn't find an answer to my problem; if there is one, I apologize in advance.

The problem is this: I have a platform that represents the entrance to the terrain in which the house is located. This platform (created with a building pad) is adjacent to a ramp (built also with the building pad). However, an infinitely thin slice of terrain remains as both building pads intersect with the toposurface. Here is a screenshot:

Intersection problem

What can I do to prevent this? The two objects touch each other, and the revit programing prevents me from drawing one inside another (as you know)...

This is a known problem, other people have blogged about this in the past.

The solution instead of the slope arrow having a negative value, it must be at least 0.  So change the offset for the pad to the negative value, and have the slope go upwards from there.

Hopefully the attached images will explain clearer than my text.

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 10 (1,170 Views)

Re: Intersection problem between building pad and toposurface

01-26-2013 07:43 AM in reply to: J.Matos

I would suggest to edit the boundary of one of the pads using "pick lines" and using the edge of the adjacent pad as a reference. That should resultin two pads sharing the same edge but without any gap in between.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
J.Matos
Message 3 of 10 (1,165 Views)

01-26-2013 11:34 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Hi! I tried to do that, but unfortunately the problem remains. Strangely, as you can see from the attached image, the problem only occurs when the union is convex, and not concave.

Junction problems

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 4 of 10 (1,156 Views)

01-26-2013 12:31 PM in reply to: J.Matos

This can be done by other means, such as a subregion on the site, a floor with modified points, or a ramp.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
J.Matos
Message 5 of 10 (1,150 Views)

01-26-2013 12:36 PM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

If it's not too much trouble, could you elaborate about one (or more) of the options you mentioned? I'm still beginning to learn, and I'm not sure how to proceed from here.

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 6 of 10 (1,139 Views)

01-26-2013 03:59 PM in reply to: J.Matos

There is an example about using subregions, in Wikihelp at this link:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2013/Help/00001-Revit_He0/0135-Prelimin135/0170-Site_Des170/0...

J.Matos
Message 7 of 10 (1,110 Views)

01-27-2013 07:35 PM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I appreciate all the sugestions you gave, and I've tried them all. But, alas, none of them are working...

Thanks for all the support, though!

Active Contributor
kfielding
Message 8 of 10 (1,095 Views)

01-28-2013 01:50 AM in reply to: J.Matos

This is a known problem, other people have blogged about this in the past.

The solution instead of the slope arrow having a negative value, it must be at least 0.  So change the offset for the pad to the negative value, and have the slope go upwards from there.

Hopefully the attached images will explain clearer than my text.

Kevin Fielding
BIM Manager, AEW Architects
Manchester, UK

If my post solves your issue, please accept this as a solution and give me a thumbs up!
J.Matos
Message 9 of 10 (1,076 Views)

01-28-2013 08:22 AM in reply to: kfielding

Thanks for your solution! It was simple, and solved my problem :smileyhappy:

Contributor
albertopola
Message 10 of 10 (843 Views)

06-21-2013 05:21 AM in reply to: kfielding

Many thanks for this tip, I solved my problem of intersection between level -1 and ramp.

Bye

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.