Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interior Elevations link to Room Tag

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mmiles
490 Views, 3 Replies

Interior Elevations link to Room Tag

Hi All,

When I place an elevation tag into a room the assigned number defaults to whatever number elevations I have created. For example the first elevation placed displays as "- Elevation 1- a" then "- Elevation 1- b" and so on.

I find that I would like to rename the elevation view to have the corresponding room # + the direction (N, S, E, W). Is there a way to do this automatically? In otherwords, if I have tagged a room as "Living Room" w/ the room number 12, I would like to place an elevation tag and have it appear on screen as "-12-E".

thanks.

matthew miles,
Ike Kligerman Barkely Architects
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mmiles

No, you cannot get the Elevation tag and its associated views to number or identify the direction (north, south, east or west) automatically. All you can do is rename each elevation view individually.

Mel Persin, AIA
AEC Technology Consultant
Technology to Visualize and Realize Solutions.
MasterGraphics, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
mmiles

thanks, Mel. That is what I expected.
In a fit of frustration, I wondered how to turn off the names of the elevations altogether. I read about that somewhere, but I am not sure where, or how to make that maneuver. Can you tell me if it is possible to have only the detail number and sheet number appear on the elevation tags?
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Settings > View Tags > Elevation Tags Uncheck the "Show View Name" option

mmiles wrote:
> thanks, Mel. That is what I expected.
> In a fit of frustration, I wondered how to turn off the names of the elevations altogether. I read about that somewhere, but I am not sure where, or how to make that maneuver. Can you tell me if it is possible to have only the detail number and sheet number appear on the elevation tags?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report