Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Revit

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rnies
820 Views, 4 Replies

Installing Revit

Hello,

Im trying to instal revit (student version).

Im on a windows 8.1 with enough space on the SDD.

When i try to instal it begins to instal with Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable........

Then after a few seconds it wil shut down and say it went wrong. Nothing is instaled.

In the log it says,

Download Skipped VCREDIST2010SP1X86 http://trial2.autodesk.com/SWDLDNET4/2015/RVT/WI/{4E6C5405-BECC-494E-A4AA-38E207D87A03}/VCREDIST2010...
2014/9/2:13:30:03 PC van Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable (x86): "C:\Autodesk\WI\Autodesk Revit 2015\3rdParty\x86\VCRedist\2010SP1\vcredist_x86.exe" /q /norestart
2014/9/2:13:30:06 PC  Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable (x86) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

Does anybody know how to fix this.

I hope somebody can help me,

Kind regards,

Rnies

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ennujozlagam
in reply to: rnies

are you installed correct bit x86/x64 version of Revit.

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 5
rnies
in reply to: ennujozlagam

I found the problem, Quicktime from apple was the problem delete this and the instalation works.

Message 4 of 5
liccl794
in reply to: rnies

I am having the same proglem installing Student Revit. However, I don't have quicktime on my computer (it's a PC). Anyone have any ideas on how to solve this problem?

I've tried it several times, unistalling and deleting everything from the previous attempt. I have plenty of space on my drive. I also have tried doing this with teh firewall off and on, without any luck.

Message 5 of 5
rnies
in reply to: liccl794

licc,
What also works, go to the instal folder and open the setup.ini. (notepad)
In this document you can deactivate the part of the installation where it crashes.
here is a video how it works:

https://screencast.autodesk.com/Main/Details/82a72abe-4fba-4e80-be6d-5f36f4d37155?t=0s&autoplay=1

This was the solution for me when i tried to install a other autodesk programme.

Goodluck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report