Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Material Library to different drive letter? still want to use 1.2GB on C

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Ghostship
1055 Views, 2 Replies

Install Material Library to different drive letter? still want to use 1.2GB on C

I had to uninstall the material library from my C drive.  I have a dedicated SSD OS drive with very little extra space to spare.

Now that I need the material library again, when I try to install it, the installer still insists on using 1.2 GB on C.

I've browsed for the new drive letter, and the little pop up window still shows it using no space on any other drive, and 1.2 on C.

Is it possible to change this?

I'm not even sure that I have anything non critical on C that I can uninstall anymore.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jason_S
in reply to: Ghostship

You should be able to create a folder on your server and move the data there.  Once moved go the the R (upper left corner) --> Options.

Under the Options menu there is a Rendering Tab that you can add a location for custom materials and material images.

Also, you may have to add that same path to the File Locations Tab under Places... button.

Hope this helps you out.

Message 3 of 3
Ghostship
in reply to: Ghostship

It won't even start the install until there's 1.2 GB free on C. I'm guessing that it wants to extract the installer's compressed archive there; with no other choice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report