Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert point cloud into Revit at correct coordinates

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dan.bone
367 Views, 1 Reply

Insert point cloud into Revit at correct coordinates

Please excuse me if I sound a little frustrated.  I have spent the last couple of hours researching posts back to 2008 regarding inserting inserting a point cloud into Revit at the correct coordinates.  I have two files (DXF and PCG) that are in the same coordinate system.  They overlay exactly in AutoCAD.  So please tell me why I see posts back to 2008 with no resolutions on this same topic?  Also explain to me why a file indexed in AutoCAD 2013 is not compatable with Revit 2013.  Rant over. 

Please detail for me and countless others the exact steps to insert an autocad DXF/dwg and an indexed PCG file in revit with the desired results of each overlaying EXACTLY in the correct coordinate system.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dan.bone
in reply to: dan.bone

I'm guessing your units are feet.

Try meters as your units for both the DWG and PCG. When inserting into Revit "Feet" model it will get coverted properly. Also remember origin to origin at bottom right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report