Revit Architecture

Revit Architecture

thisillusionis
Message 1 of 3 (228 Views)
Accepted Solution

input units: Feet to inches

228 Views, 2 Replies
03-03-2014 04:54 PM
Hi all, When drawing using imperial units in Revit, it of course interprets values you input as feet until you press " to let it know you mean inches. As I am constantly going between Revit and AutoCAD, which does the opposite, I keep missing the " out of habit and wasting time repeating everything. My question is, is there a way to change the input from feet to inches so I can move more seamlessly between the two programs? Thanks, Matt S

After you configure the units to inches, you won't need to type the quote " for inches. Actually, when you are using feet and inches, you can type 8 6 and that means 8'-6".

For more information on what you need, please visit this other thread: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Revit-Architecture/Distance-Input/m-p/4835125#M76188

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 3 (220 Views)

Re: input units: Feet to inches

03-03-2014 05:14 PM in reply to: thisillusionis

After you configure the units to inches, you won't need to type the quote " for inches. Actually, when you are using feet and inches, you can type 8 6 and that means 8'-6".

For more information on what you need, please visit this other thread: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Revit-Architecture/Distance-Input/m-p/4835125#M76188

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
thisillusionis
Message 3 of 3 (216 Views)

Re: input units: Feet to inches

03-03-2014 05:23 PM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina
Thank you sir.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.