Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

information from autodesk

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
124 Views, 2 Replies

information from autodesk

has there been any information from autodesk
showing the acceleration rate changes of seats
for ADT compared to revit now that the new releases
have been out for awhile?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

not as a percentage, but it was announced that Revit has recently exceeded
the 100,000 seat mark. This is impressive considering a year ago it was
rumored to be in the lower tens-of-thousands.

wrote in message news:5214734@discussion.autodesk.com...
has there been any information from autodesk
showing the acceleration rate changes of seats
for ADT compared to revit now that the new releases
have been out for awhile?
Message 3 of 3
JeffreyMcGrew
in reply to: Anonymous

Nothing official.

Main thing I've heard is that the number of Revit seats is more than doubling every year. With the announcement of it breaking 100k, that seems on par from what I heard a year ago, and before than, on seat count.

As for usage, it's really taking off. At AU last year there were hundreds of folks in my two Revit classes, and hundreds at the Revit mixer party thing. Contrast that to three or four years ago (AU 2002) , when I was one of probably 20 real revit users present... When I was still doing Revit consulting work I'd get a call a week, most of the time two, from folks needing Revit help. And that's just within the Bay Area. It's pretty crazy. I always thought that Revit was a cool tool, but never thought it would grow to what it has today (but I started with it pre-Autodesk, so that adds a lot to that notion).

But in the end, it's not a race of ADT vs. Revit, and this whole notion of whichever sells more seats 'beating' the other one is a strawman made up by the ADT folks to convince themselves of something. I'm not certain what. You don't see the Mechanical Desktop guys saying that Inventor is gonna 'die' just because Autodesk sells more AutoCAD & AutoCAD LT than Inventor...

Jeffrey

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report