Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase Row Height

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
PhilvK
5806 Views, 10 Replies

Increase Row Height

I would like to increase the row height in my schedules. Is that possible? When I select the rows however, the “resize row” button is grayed out.

Row Height.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
SteveKStafford
in reply to: PhilvK

Row height for data rows is derived by font height. You could increase the font size but we can't increase the row height on its own.

They have permitted changing the row height in the header portion of schedules.
My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 3 of 11
bearsley

place the cursor in the top cell/row of the schedule "<Drawing Index>" and notice how "Resize" is not grayed out. oddly this function/button appears to be only for this purpose (row with single cell).

beyond that, what Steve said.

happy reviting!

Brian Earsley

Message 4 of 11
CoreyDaun

I would recommend you voice your opinion and needs by submitting your feedback to the development team via the link below.

Autodesk Product Support

The following link is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our Development group:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

I have had the need to force the row heights to a "double line" height for the purposes of consistency in the past. What I did to accomplish this was to create a dummy Calculated Value (Text) with a special formula. I copied the "Thin Space" character from the Character Map and placed two of them with a bunch of spaces in between. Then I blanked out the header and squished the column down as much as I could in the Schedule Graphics. Note that you cannot adjust the vertical justification of the rows' text; it will always be "top" aligned.

This is the formula for the purposes of Copy/Paste from here directly into Revit:

"             "

The special "Thin Space" characters are invisible but still retain their place like a normal character would. Just using a bunch of normal spaces will not trigger the line break.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 11
PhilvK
in reply to: SteveKStafford

Thanks!

Message 6 of 11
dhenkePWD9T
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Another painful set of workarounds brought to you by Autodesk.  Why is there even a row height function?  It's like they started to program that function and abandoned it.  Just fix it please!!!

Message 7 of 11
ToanDN
in reply to: dhenkePWD9T

@dhenkePWD9T wrote:

Another painful set of workarounds brought to you by Autodesk.  Why is there even a row height function?  It's like they started to program that function and abandoned it.  Just fix it please!!!

That Row Height function is for the Title row only.  

Message 8 of 11
dhenkePWD9T
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks for clarifying.  Is there a reason they didn't project it through the rest of the schedule?

Message 9 of 11
ToanDN

@dhenkePWD9T wrote:

Thanks for clarifying.  Is there a reason they didn't project it through the rest of the schedule?

It is probably they don't work on real projects to realize some times the information needed to show is longer than a mere kindergarten grade sentence.

Message 10 of 11
dhenkePWD9T
in reply to: ToanDN

Excellent and fair assumption.  We're running into issues where a client has particular graphic standards for schedules.  Ultimately it would be nice if one could customize graphics without all this rigmarole.  I never thought Excel was easy to use, but at least you can get to a special place with it graphically if you try hard enough; it's just not even an option in Revit to have something look better than subpar.

Message 11 of 11
ToanDN

My advice to overcome this in Revit is using Multiline text parameters instead of the regular text parameters. It doesn't change the schedule row height but you can click on a cell to open a text box to see and type the whole paragraph.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report