Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

in place families appearing when not in view

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
245 Views, 3 Replies

in place families appearing when not in view

I have some in place families that are appearing in views they should not be in. A specific example: I have a pair of hadrails I created as an in-place family. I have an interior elevation that's view plane is in the middle of the ramp. This should mean that I should see one of the handrails. However I end up seeing both on top of each other. I recently upgraded to Revit 6. I did not have this problem in Revit 5. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Thanks for your help, Aaron Jobson
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

When an in-place family is cut in a section view, the whole thing shows, including stuff behind the cut line.

This has been the case I think, back to 3.0.

The work-around is to use separate in-place families for each handrail.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

That's the funny thing I did create the handrails as seperate families and I am still seeing both of them. It is not being cut by the section line (or elevation view plane) but is still showing up. thanks, aaron "aggockel" wrote in message news:4561289.1080736902006.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > When an in-place family is cut in a section view, the whole thing shows, including stuff behind the cut line. > > This has been the case I think, back to 3.0. > > The work-around is to use separate in-place families for each handrail.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I figured it out. The railing had a stray reference plane in it that was in the field of view. thanks, Aaron "aggockel" wrote in message news:4561289.1080736902006.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > When an in-place family is cut in a section view, the whole thing shows, including stuff behind the cut line. > > This has been the case I think, back to 3.0. > > The work-around is to use separate in-place families for each handrail.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report