Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In-Place Families and Materials

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ddarling
237 Views, 2 Replies

In-Place Families and Materials

I have created an in-place Solid Form>Solid Sweep. Where do I assign a material?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sbrown
in reply to: ddarling

pick on it(within the editor mode) then select properties and set the subcategory and material from there. I highly recommend using subcategories, then define the material from the object styles, this lets you change everything on the same subcaterory from one place.
Message 3 of 3
chadrhines
in reply to: ddarling

when completing an In-Place model do you add a name for it in the object styles dialogue box before sending it into the project? Is this the only way to make sure that when you select a material for it it doesn't change all other materials associated with other walls, windows, etc to that edited material in the project?  I modeled a fieldstone fireplace with an wall type with that material on one side and selected Masonry - Stone, field stone for that face. Then did a separate hearth In-Place model later and when I selected a different Masonry - Stone ( the one associated with the wall) and edited it to a slate finish and put the model back into the project the field stone walls all changed to slate.

what is the best fail safe way when adding new objects or inplace models and you want to make sure they have their very own material? I'm sure I am missing something elementary but both books I bought don't say what to do only how to assign a simple material to an object when nothing is being used by another object. They don't say how to assign an edited "same" material ( say same tile countertop tile material with different colors) to three locations and slightly different objects without each one changing to the other when you load an object into the project.

A simple 1,2,3 is all I need.

Thank you very much, Chad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report