Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

importing sheet sets into updated model/project

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
kingsley.mcrae
589 Views, 1 Reply

importing sheet sets into updated model/project

Hello,

I'm hoping there is a soluition to this one.

My Revit 2014 project was outsourced whilst i was on leave, and that team completed a sheet set (about 10 sheets) of plans/sections/details etc.

I've now returned from leave, and due to some urgent requests had to make minor tweaks to my model (local copy). Now, the team that was working on the Revit Project is going to hand it back to me. I have the latest up to date model (no sheet set) and they have the version with all the sheets.

Is there a way of importing the sheets they have completed into my latest project? Or do I import my latest model into thier project overwriting their model and therefore keeping the sheet set?

thanks in advance for your advice,

andy

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

If the Sheets have views of the actual model (live sections etc.) on them then no we can't take sheet views that exist in one project and transfer them to another. If the Sheets contain only drafting views and/or schedules then they can be obtained (transferred) via the Insert Views from File feature, found on the Insert ribbon.

You wrote that you made minor changes to your version of the project. It may be easier to recreate your changes in the version of the project they send back to you than to do the reverse. In the future you'll want to avoid doing it 😉

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report