Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing room data with linked rivet file

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
awadamopoulos
1039 Views, 1 Reply

Importing room data with linked rivet file

Hello there

I linked a revit file of some renovations that had been done into an older revit file. This worked fine accept it did not transfer the room data over. When i try to put new rooms in they take the volume of the older rooms not the renovation imports. Why? Why? and why?

Even if I draw out the rooms when i place the room they are still seperated and defined by the older room dimentions. Thats not cool that is sad?

can some one help?

Thank you

p.s it is snowing here in boston and cold

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Have you set the linked file to be Room Bounding?  If not, do so by selecting the link in your host file and, in the Properties palette, select the Edit Type tool (just under the Type Selector, at the top).  In the Type Properties dialog, find the Room Bounding property under the Constraints category and select the toggle in the Value column to put a check mark in the box.

If, as you describe, your rooms were taking the shape of the previous layout rooms, you may need to do some work in the host file, to either delete the Walls in the renovation area that are no longer present or set up Phasing and demolish those Walls.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report