Revit Architecture

Active Contributor
nsgarrod
Message 1 of 3 (79 Views)

importing problem

79 Views, 2 Replies
11-10-2004 04:45 AM
I am trying to import my project from Architectural Desktop onto Revit. My problem is that Revit does not recognize each layer. When I try to select just one thing, it selects the whole project. Is there a way that I can fix this, or should I import it into VIZ?
Thanks
*Aaron Rumple
Message 2 of 3 (79 Views)

Re: importing problem

11-10-2004 06:32 AM in reply to: nsgarrod
It does recognize each layer... Look at your visibility graphics dialog - you will see a layer control for each object. Drawing in ADT and presenting in Revit? "nsgarrod" wrote in message news:20515344.1100090784130.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I am trying to import my project from Architectural Desktop onto Revit. My problem is that Revit does not recognize each layer. When I try to select just one thing, it selects the whole project. Is there a way that I can fix this, or should I import it into VIZ? > Thanks
*Scott Davis
Message 3 of 3 (79 Views)

Re: importing problem

11-10-2004 08:28 AM in reply to: nsgarrod
Once 'imported', the DWG will be like a block in Revit. You will have to explode the imported DWG in Revit to select an individual item. Although exploding large imported DWGs is not recommended. Do as Aaron said, and go to View>Visibility>Imported and there you will have layer control to turn layers on or off. "nsgarrod" wrote in message news:20515344.1100090784130.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I am trying to import my project from Architectural Desktop onto Revit. My problem is that Revit does not recognize each layer. When I try to select just one thing, it selects the whole project. Is there a way that I can fix this, or should I import it into VIZ? > Thanks
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.