Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing .fls point files - 2015

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bthatcher
1704 Views, 2 Replies

Importing .fls point files - 2015

I cannot import a .fls files into Revit 2015. The progress bar immediately turns red and it fails. I have FARO LS 1.1.503.2 installed. My current workaround is to open them in Faro Scene LT, export them as .pts files. And then either link the .PTS file into Revit, or open them in ReCap and import the .rcp project into revit. I haven't worked out advantages/disadvantages of either workflow. But each is very time consuming. How can I bring .fls files directly into Revit. Or Recap for that matter. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
alan.quinn
in reply to: bthatcher

Opening in ReCap and then into Revit as .rcp may be the best option. Most likely Revit cannot handle the raw .fls files, I'm guessing there quite large. Are your Faro SKD's up to date? Make sure you are on the latest version of ReCap. 

Thanks for posting.

Message 3 of 3
Jason_S
in reply to: bthatcher

I am importing .fls files just fine into Revit 2015.  I am using the FARO LS 1.1.502.0 (64 bit).  I would try downloading or reinstalling the FARO part again.

If you can avoid opening the .fls in ReCap or converting in SCENE LT opening the .fls file directly into Revit saves the most time.  Revit converts very nicely the .fls into .rcp which plays well with Revit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report