Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Civil 3d pipes into Revit

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
david_kasha
1817 Views, 4 Replies

Importing Civil 3d pipes into Revit

I was hoping that someone had some experience with this issue.  Is there anyway to prevent the pipes from coming in a one un-editable block?  All insights welcome.

Thanks

Dave

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
LisaDrago
in reply to: david_kasha

You are importing a DWG right? Any DWG you import will be recognized as one file... you can explode DWG's to break it up but I would not recommend it, it can create a mess in your project. 

Probably not what you wanted to hear...

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 5
david_kasha

The interesting thing I've found since I posted the question is that if you are in a 3D isomectic view (with proxygraphics set to 1) when you are in Civil 3D and export drawing to basic AutoCAD entities, when you take it into Revit, you'll have 3D pipes in Revit.

Message 4 of 5
dmbrock

David - I am attempting to import Civil 3d pipes into Revit. Have you had success with this? I tried to follow the method you gave " 3D isomectic view (with proxygraphics set to 1) when you are in Civil 3D and export drawing to basic AutoCAD entities, when you take it into Revit, you'll have 3D pipes in Revit." and I am not having any luck with that working. How do you bring the basic AutoCAD (im assuming this is a .dwg file) into Revit? Should I import the .dwg file? 

Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
jgrove1975

no there is no way to prevent the pipes from coming in as one object into revit.  Pipes and structures are not something that should be being edited inside of revit anyway.  if you need to see them better, prior to exporting the pipes from Civil 3D change to an isometric view, and change your view style to conceptual, but all pipe network edits should be performed inside of civil 3d due to the dynamic nature of the pipes themselves.  Revit is not intended to be used for performing Site Design. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report