Revit Architecture

Contributor
david.kasha
Message 1 of 5 (999 Views)

Importing Civil 3d pipes into Revit

999 Views, 4 Replies
01-27-2011 09:26 AM

I was hoping that someone had some experience with this issue.  Is there anyway to prevent the pipes from coming in a one un-editable block?  All insights welcome.

Thanks

Dave

*Expert Elite*
LisaDrago
Message 2 of 5 (970 Views)

Re: Importing Civil 3d pipes into Revit

01-28-2011 06:20 AM in reply to: david.kasha

You are importing a DWG right? Any DWG you import will be recognized as one file... you can explode DWG's to break it up but I would not recommend it, it can create a mess in your project. 

Probably not what you wanted to hear...

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Contributor
david.kasha
Message 3 of 5 (933 Views)

01-31-2011 01:58 PM in reply to: david.kasha

The interesting thing I've found since I posted the question is that if you are in a 3D isomectic view (with proxygraphics set to 1) when you are in Civil 3D and export drawing to basic AutoCAD entities, when you take it into Revit, you'll have 3D pipes in Revit.

dmbrock
Message 4 of 5 (599 Views)

01-11-2012 03:20 PM in reply to: david.kasha
David - I am attempting to import Civil 3d pipes into Revit. Have you had success with this? I tried to follow the method you gave " 3D isomectic view (with proxygraphics set to 1) when you are in Civil 3D and export drawing to basic AutoCAD entities, when you take it into Revit, you'll have 3D pipes in Revit." and I am not having any luck with that working. How do you bring the basic AutoCAD (im assuming this is a .dwg file) into Revit? Should I import the .dwg file? 

Thanks!

jgrove1975
Message 5 of 5 (369 Views)

01-18-2013 07:04 AM in reply to: david.kasha

no there is no way to prevent the pipes from coming in as one object into revit.  Pipes and structures are not something that should be being edited inside of revit anyway.  if you need to see them better, prior to exporting the pipes from Civil 3D change to an isometric view, and change your view style to conceptual, but all pipe network edits should be performed inside of civil 3d due to the dynamic nature of the pipes themselves.  Revit is not intended to be used for performing Site Design. 

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.