Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing ancient AutoCAD LT 2002 dwg. Will this even work?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
214 Views, 4 Replies

Importing ancient AutoCAD LT 2002 dwg. Will this even work?

Hello all,

This is my first post here. I work for a small design firm that wants to start using Revit Architecture, but one of the deciding factors at the moment is whether or not we will be able to import a dwg file from AutoCAD LT 2002! I haven't used Revit for about three years, so I'm rusty to say the least. Any advice or input will be greatly appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Can't think of a reason why it wouldn't off the top of my head, but if you can, please post a dwg and someone here will test for you.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks very much. Oh, and I was wrong - the CAD version in the office is even more ancient than I thought. It's LT 2000.

Anyway, here's a dwg file that I stripped as much as I could. A lot of hands have been on this and it's probably very sloppy.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I was able to import no problem, or at least with no warnings in 2014. However, if you have the option to upgrade the dwg prior to importing, I would plus audit purge to be sure.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks very much for looking at this for me.

Unfortunately I'm unable to do anything with it. I can't get Revit to "see" any of the .dwg files on my PC. When I use the Link CAD function and browse to where the .dwg files are located, there's nothing there! I'm sure it's user error and I'll figure it out eventually though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report