Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing ADT files

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rlewistx
271 Views, 5 Replies

Importing ADT files

I am new to Revit. I am working is Architectural Desktop 2004. Are there some white papers of how I can take a finished ADT model into Revit and render it? Would this be an appropriate thing to do, or should I stick with VIZ?

Any web links for integrating the two would be helpful.

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: rlewistx

You could bring it into Revit, but I'm not sure it would be worth the effort. You'll stil have to sort through a lot of material assignments just as you would in Viz. In fact in the time it takes you to get it all finished in ADT/Viz, I could brobably redraw it from scratch in Revit. "rlewistx" wrote in message news:24501856.1075906432494.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I am new to Revit. I am working is Architectural Desktop 2004. Are there some white papers of how I can take a finished ADT model into Revit and render it? Would this be an appropriate thing to do, or should I stick with VIZ? > > Any web links for integrating the two would be helpful. > > Thanks.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Hi -- if you mean Vizrender (the only form of Viz that links to ADT2004 files), why would you want to bring the model into Revit to render? To my taste, Accurender's results are not as pretty as Viz family renderings, but they are good. If the model remains in ADT, you can link to Vizrender with one click.
If you don't want to recreate the model in Revit for some other reason, why go through the extra work? You can work from scratch in Revit next time. Am I missing something? If so, sorry.
Bob
PS-- I was told last March at an Autodesk roadshow that removing the "bought in" Accurender and replacing it with Autodesk's own product was slated for Revit 6. In the meantime, it turned out that Accurender was too deeply embedded to replace so quickly. I would expect that work continues on that, but have not heard more.
Message 4 of 6
rlewistx

I guess what I'm trying to sort out is what is the best tool to use to render an ADT model. I have a house I created in ADT. Now I want to render it. Would I be better off using the VIZ render with ADT or would I get a better rendering if I use Revit? I have access to both.

Thanks.

Rich
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

VIZ. "rlewistx" wrote in message news:2513536.1077680827018.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I guess what I'm trying to sort out is what is the best tool to use to render an ADT model. I have a house I created in ADT. Now I want to render it. Would I be better off using the VIZ render with ADT or would I get a better rendering if I use Revit? I have access to both. > > Thanks. > > Rich
Message 6 of 6
Steve_Stafford

I'm going to assume you are not nearly familiar with Revit as ADT...so for this project, stick with ADT/VizRender. VizRender will do a very nice job for you. Try out your next project in Revit.
Message was edited by: Steve_Stafford

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report