Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imported ifc model - sections and export problem

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
GA-LT
709 Views, 2 Replies

imported ifc model - sections and export problem

Hi,
is it possible change visibility (properties) of cut elements of imported ifc model? It is complicated substructure of facades so it helps to understand when is cut and is it possible to export to dwg on separate layers?
leshkens

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: GA-LT

It is required to set properly thickness of cut lines for correct family types assigned to IFC objects.

Example below.

ifccut.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 3
italonge
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Hi everyone

I have an issue about structural projects. I receive all files in DWG 3D, or Sketchup model. So I want to place this models in Revit, because I want to have it complete, without necessity to remodel it.

What the best way to make a DWG 3D or Sketchup in a model with sections? And these sections need to have hatches!

But the only way I've found was open a Generic Model file, insert the Sketchup model, explode it and send to main project file. Its not a easy thing...

I even made an IFC file from these 3Ds, but the IFC dont make sections with hatches! I've made the graphic changes in different ways but sometimes it works in some objects, but not in others, I dont understand...

Anyone knows about a good soluction?
Thank you in advance

EDIT: Make a Generic Metric Family does'nt work!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report