Revit Architecture

Revit Architecture

OXARCHITECTS
Message 1 of 5 (3,826 Views)
Accepted Solution

IMPORTED DWG - CAN'T FIND- LOCATE IN PROJECT

3826 Views, 4 Replies
12-07-2011 12:21 PM

Please see SCREENSHOT VG.  I imported an AutoCAD file call A-LAN-CEN-XP-01.dwg. Now I would like to delete the drawing from the project.  I can't find it anywhere in the project. It's lost.   Do I have to go through every project view and every display setting per view to seek out the location of this .dwg in order to select and delete it?  Or is there another way? 

Did you insert the CAD or did you link it?  If you linked it, go to Manage tab --> Manage Links --> CAD Formats and Remove the link.

If you inserted the CAD file directly (shame on you), go to Manage tab --> Purge Unused, click Select None, then scroll down to where you see the name of the file.  If it's not being used in the project, you'll be able to see it here.  Just check the box next to it and click OK.

If you don't see it there, then there's still an instance of it somewhere in your project, and you'll have to hunt it down.

*Expert Elite*
rosskirby
Message 2 of 5 (3,817 Views)

Re: IMPORTED DWG - CAN'T FIND- LOCATE IN PROJECT

12-07-2011 01:33 PM in reply to: OXARCHITECTS

Did you insert the CAD or did you link it?  If you linked it, go to Manage tab --> Manage Links --> CAD Formats and Remove the link.

If you inserted the CAD file directly (shame on you), go to Manage tab --> Purge Unused, click Select None, then scroll down to where you see the name of the file.  If it's not being used in the project, you'll be able to see it here.  Just check the box next to it and click OK.

If you don't see it there, then there's still an instance of it somewhere in your project, and you'll have to hunt it down.

Ross Kirby
BIM Manager
Arcturis
OXARCHITECTS
Message 3 of 5 (3,810 Views)

12-07-2011 02:53 PM in reply to: rosskirby

"shame on you". I know, I know.  I feel the shame.  Now I know better.  Thank you for the reply.  Your suggestion to purge the file worked.  It was burried in a group. 

*Expert Elite*
rosskirby
Message 4 of 5 (3,805 Views)

12-07-2011 05:41 PM in reply to: OXARCHITECTS
Glad that worked out for you. The "shame on you" was only half-serious. I've imported CAD in a pinch, when I didn't have time to do it the proper way: link and re-create.
Ross Kirby
BIM Manager
Arcturis
Ammwalma
Message 5 of 5 (3,441 Views)

08-15-2012 08:14 PM in reply to: OXARCHITECTS
Announcements
Autodesk Alert | We are currently working on restoring Previous Version License request access in the Autodesk Subscription Center. If you are a subscription customer and would like to request a Previous Version License, please use this link as a temporary workaround. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.