Revit Architecture

Distinguished Contributor
dgizzim0
Message 1 of 2 (212 Views)

import someone else's project

212 Views, 1 Replies
02-23-2011 08:00 AM

Is there a way to import someone else's project into your own template? I know you can go into a 3D view ang copy & paste, but I was hoping to try a more "professional" approach. I on't like the creator's units, font, titleblocks, methods, etc...

Employee
ryan.duell
Message 2 of 2 (188 Views)

Re: import someone else's project

02-25-2011 07:51 AM in reply to: dgizzim0

You can automatically move over project standards and some types using the Manage > Transfer Project Standards tool.  Just have both project files open in the same session.

For specific component families, you should first [from their project] R > Save As > Library > Family.  Save the families you would like to use in your project.  Then simply [from your project] Insert > Load Family.

Lastly, you can copy & paste content as another approach.  I hope this information helps!

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Autodesk, Inc.

Revit Clinic
@revitclinic

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!