Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imperial Tutorial Training Files

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
michael_fett
829 Views, 1 Reply

Imperial Tutorial Training Files

I cannot seem to find the training files. I've clicked the link to the left in the open dialog window & searched the All users/application data/autodesk/RAC 2008/Training folder. Even search the training files .cab file on the installation CD. Nothing. Is there someplace I can download it, or am I looking in the wrong place. For example, page 47 of the Imperial Tutorials tells you to load Imperial/familes/structural/foundations/pile cap-rectangular.rfa. Well, the Families folder does not exist in the Imperial folder.

michael_fett
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
michael_fett
in reply to: michael_fett

Revit Architecture 2008 Imperial Tutorials and Datasets

The imperial tutorials and datasets are now available on the Autodesk website. Follow the instructions below to download the tutorial exercises and datasets to your computer.

Tutorial Download Instructions:

Navigate to: C:\Program Files\Revit Architecture 2008\Program.
Right-click each tutorial CHM file, click Properties, clear the Read-only attribute, and then click OK.
Click the following link to access the Autodesk Revit Architecture 2008 Documentation download page. http://www.autodesk.com/revitbuilding-documentation-enu
Under Select a language, select your language.
On the Autodesk Revit Architecture 2008 page, under Tutorials, double-click the Revit Architecture Imperial Tutorial EXE file.
In the File Download dialog, click Save to save the file to your Desktop.
On your Desktop, double-click the EXE file that you downloaded to automatically extract the file to the correct folder on your local computer.

Note: After the download is complete, the imperial tutorials will be available by clicking Help menu -> Tutorials.

Dataset Download instructions:

On the Autodesk Revit Architecture 2008 page, under Imperial Datasets, double-click the first Revit Architecture Dataset EXE file.
In the File Download dialog, click Save to save the file to your Desktop.
On your Desktop, double-click the EXE file that you downloaded to automatically extract the datasets to the correct folders on your local computer.
Using the same method, extract the remaining dataset EXE files on the page.

Note: Once the downloads are complete, all datasets will be available in the Training folder within Revit Architecture 2008.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report