Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFC export

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
muhic
306 Views, 0 Replies

IFC export

In the frame of my dissertation I am developing an application that can extract data from a random IFC file. Extracting from a Revit created IFC file I have encountered an issue that uncovered a potential error.

The Revit model was created by two of my students. Due to this they were relatively inexperienced with Revit as a modelling tool. They made a mistake when modelling by not perfectly alligning two walls. This small disalignment transfered over to the IFC file in an unexpected way. The IFCRELSPACEBOUNDARY entitites of the IFCSPACE where those two unalligned walls are also were not alligned. No surprise there yet, this was expected. However, with those two IFCRELSPACEBOUNDARY entities not perfectly alligned it meant the polyline boundary of the IFCSPACE is not closed. I don't know if this is intentional but it does make the data flawed and in need of correction because boundaries are expected to be closed. It doesn't express the actual state of the model either. Even if walls are not perfectly alligned rooms in the model are still closed and IFCRELSPACEBOUNDARY should be also.

If needed I can provide more data. It is my test data that I haven't published yet this is why i chose not to upload it.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report