Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.ies rotation issue Revit 2013

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
wblaney-cda
753 Views, 2 Replies

.ies rotation issue Revit 2013

Wondering if anyone has any idea how to solve this bug, or whether it is addressed in v2014:

I have created some nice directional spotlights as families in Revit. In wireframe, the photometrics look fine, and when I send the room off to render in 3DS Max, it renders exxactly as expected. If I try to render the same scene in Revit, I get the garbage in the other attached image. The two spotlights on the wall are created with the standard -90deg rotation on the .ies file, while the one fixture on the left was edited to a 0deg rotation, just to see if I could fix the problem. Note that the light direction is rotated 90 degrees in the Revit render when compared to the apparent direction of the light as shown by the .ies file.

These should be rendering the same in each program. Need some useful feedback, please!

Wes

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: wblaney-cda

To help the community better troubleshoot, please post the family as well.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 3
wblaney-cda
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

Chris - even though the warning says the max size is 1,573 kb, this family file size is apparently above the limit for this board at 1,544kb. I can try to strip out some of the nested photometry options and reduce the file size. Unless you have a better way to post a larger file...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report