Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identifying wall buildups problem

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
205 Views, 1 Reply

Identifying wall buildups problem

Hi all,

I am trying to produce a wall types plan, on which I can tag the wall type easily enough, but in certain instances it is critical to know what 'side' of the wall is which end. By that I mean where I have a bedroom against a bathroom I want to highlight where the waterproof layer is and on the other side in the bedroom where the plasterboard side is (this is harder to explain than I realised). The eexample of the bathroom and bedroom is actually pretty obvious which way around the wal l should be however there are other instances whereby it is a lot more subjective so the ability to identify the 'faces' if you like would be ideal.

Has anyone got around this in a nifty way?

Many thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
LisaDrago
in reply to: Anonymous

in the wall assembly it shows you what is the exterior side and interior side - image attached. so when you build your wall layers - you need to keep them in order.

when you place a wall - the side with the flip arrows is always the exterior side. also image attached.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report