Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idea Station for Revit

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
sanderobdeijn
1613 Views, 12 Replies

Idea Station for Revit

I saw that you launched the ideastation for a number of product and it looks like a great function.

http://autodeskmfg.typepad.com/blog/2012/11/request-the-features-you-want-with-ideastation.html

Will this function will also be available for more projects. 

I would also like this for Revit and Navisworks.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
LisaDrago
in reply to: sanderobdeijn

I would like to suggest looking here:

For Revit look here: http://usa.autodesk.com/revit/system-requirements/

For Navis look here: http://usa.autodesk.com/navisworks/system-requirements/

As long as your system meets these requirements - you should be just fine.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 13

Eh the idea station is something completly different from the system requirements. Or am I missing something.

Message 4 of 13
loboarch

You are not missing anything.  The Idea Stations are something new different product teams at Autodesk are using to gather user feedback.  Two I know are up and running, one for Vault

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault-IdeaStation/idb-p/2

and one for PLM 360

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-PLM-360-IdeaStation/idb-p/3

There may be others but I have not noticed them.  These were the first 2 implemented.

As for Revit getting one?  I will share this thread with the Revit product team so it can be considered for Revit.  Our current method of getting user feedback is through our Feedback e-mail message system.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

You can always send a feedback message requesting a change to an Idea Station format if you find that preferrable to the current e-mail method.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 5 of 13
LisaDrago

Apparently - I am the one missing something...

Smiley Surprised

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 6 of 13
loboarch
in reply to: LisaDrago

@LisaDrago wrote:

Apparently - I am the one missing something...

Smiley Surprised

LD

We can't expect you to keep on top of EVERYTHING.

Jeff Hanson
Revit Help |
Message 7 of 13
esk0r

Well, the year is 2016 and there still isn't a Revit ideastation?

Rene Pellicer Garcia
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Tags (2)
Message 8 of 13
loboarch
in reply to: esk0r

@esk0r wrote:

Well, the year is 2016 and there still isn't a Revit ideastation?

Still no IdeaStation for Revit. Smiley Sad I have talked with the Revit team multiple times on this subject, but nothing as of yet. You never know though, things change all the time and the IdeaStation for Revit could become a reality? I will keep bringing it up whne i see opportunities. Keep your fingers crossed.

Until then, you can always send in feedback via the e-mail alias mentioned in the thread above. 

Jeff Hanson
Revit Help |
Message 9 of 13
jrfrost
in reply to: esk0r

Tags (1)
Message 10 of 13
YarUnderoaker
in reply to: jrfrost

Thit is great, but is the developers team read it. There are many forums with wish lists, but I have not seen that any of this was applied.
Message 11 of 13
loboarch
in reply to: YarUnderoaker

@YarUnderoaker wrote:
Thit is great, but is the developers team read it. There are many forums with wish lists, but I have not seen that any of this was applied.

This one is perhaps "closer" to the development team than other lists have been in the past. This is just one of many datapoints used when deciding a development direction. I can tell you not everythign that appears on the list will be done, but I can also tell you some of the things that appear on the list will be done. The value of the list does depend on community support and use, so the less it is used, the less value it has to shape direction.

Jeff Hanson
Revit Help |
Message 12 of 13
pieter5
in reply to: loboarch

@loboarch

The ideastation has been up for a little over a month and I feel the "Top Voted" section gives a really good representation of the most wanted features.

Will the project team interact with the community on this platform and mark ideas as "under investigation", "under development", etc , similar to the other ideastations? It would be great to see the input of the development team.

Message 13 of 13
loboarch
in reply to: pieter5

@pieter wrote:

@loboarch

The ideastation has been up for a little over a month and I feel the "Top Voted" section gives a really good representation of the most wanted features.

Will the project team interact with the community on this platform and mark ideas as "under investigation", "under development", etc , similar to the other ideastations? It would be great to see the input of the development team.

This is the plan. We have been told Ideas need a little time to "marinate" on the Idea Station before development starts interacting directly. So I think you should start seeing some interaction like you mentioned soon.

I know the teams are looking at these currently, just not interacting directly yet. Teams also need to be able to complete projects they are currently working on, or were working on when the idea station went up. As teams finish projects and look for "new work" the Idea Station will be one of the sources to pull from then you should begin to see some interaction and status getting marked on the ideas.

Jeff Hanson
Revit Help |

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report