Revit Architecture

Revit Architecture

Active Contributor
rlabib
Message 1 of 3 (450 Views)

I need to draw a simple family for a life safety plan

450 Views, 2 Replies
01-23-2013 10:51 AM

I need to draw a very simple family as shown in attached picture , that has only two parameters (EXIST and EXIST ) , can anyone tell what family should I start with?

Thanks

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 3 (411 Views)

Re: I need to draw a simple family for a life safety plan

01-25-2013 07:36 AM in reply to: rlabib

I believe that this would best be accomplished with two separate Line-Based Detail Item families. You could then create a schedule to report the distances and Exit #. You could use the Comments parameter to enter a designation value so that each instance of this report can be separated (filtered by the schedule) and thus have it's own schedule.

Here is a related thread with more info on how to accomplish this:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Revit-Architecture/Drawing-exit-path-from-rooms-to-exit-door/...

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Employee
loboarch
Message 3 of 3 (399 Views)

Re: I need to draw a simple family for a life safety plan

01-25-2013 08:08 AM in reply to: rlabib

Here is an article from Revit wikihelp that covers this topic.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/Community/Examples/Two_Pick_Family_to_Calculate_Fire_Exit_Dis...

Jeff Hanson
Sr. Subject Matter Expert
Autodesk, Revit User Experience
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.