Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to create a template from a project that has worksharing setup

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rlabib
2127 Views, 2 Replies

I need to create a template from a project that has worksharing setup

I'm working on a project , the project is more than halfway done . We don't have a custom template setup for our office , but so far I like what we have done with current project, so I decided to save it as a template. Revit won't let me save it because it has worksharing already setup, is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AJA14
in reply to: rlabib

Hi. Try creating a new local, detach from central, delete what you don't need in your template and save as a new template, then place the template in the template places in the options dialog. Hope this helps.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 3
kfielding
in reply to: rlabib

Hi,

You have two options.

You can use transfer Project Standards into a new file, however this would leave the residual elements in from the template.

The second option is only available in Revit 2013.  Open the file within Revit checking detach from central at the bottom of the dialog screen.

You will be then prompted to detach and preserve the worksets or detach and discard.  Select discard.  This will allow you to strip out the model content and then save it as a new template file.

Hope this helps.

Kevin

If this solve your issue, please accept this as a solution

Kevin Fielding
BIM Manager, AEW Architects
Manchester, UK

If my post solves your issue, please accept this as a solution and give me a thumbs up!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report