Revit Architecture

Revit Architecture

Active Contributor
rlabib
Message 1 of 3 (254 Views)

I need to create a template from a project that has worksharing setup

254 Views, 2 Replies
01-23-2013 10:24 AM

I'm working on a project , the project is more than halfway done . We don't have a custom template setup for our office , but so far I like what we have done with current project, so I decided to save it as a template. Revit won't let me save it because it has worksharing already setup, is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance

Valued Mentor
AJA14
Message 2 of 3 (237 Views)

Re: I need to create a template from a project that has worksharing setup

01-24-2013 12:26 AM in reply to: rlabib

Hi. Try creating a new local, detach from central, delete what you don't need in your template and save as a new template, then place the template in the template places in the options dialog. Hope this helps.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Active Contributor
kfielding
Message 3 of 3 (231 Views)

Re: I need to create a template from a project that has worksharing setup

01-24-2013 04:55 AM in reply to: rlabib

Hi,

You have two options.

You can use transfer Project Standards into a new file, however this would leave the residual elements in from the template.

The second option is only available in Revit 2013.  Open the file within Revit checking detach from central at the bottom of the dialog screen.

You will be then prompted to detach and preserve the worksets or detach and discard.  Select discard.  This will allow you to strip out the model content and then save it as a new template file.

Hope this helps.

Kevin

If this solve your issue, please accept this as a solution

Kevin Fielding
BIM Manager, AEW Architects
Manchester, UK

If my post solves your issue, please accept this as a solution and give me a thumbs up!
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.