Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I figure the answer is no, but...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
FAZIOGREG
341 Views, 4 Replies

I figure the answer is no, but...

Real quick... I know that similar threads exist, but they are so full of people b*tching at each other over how they asked the question i had to start one more.

In Austin, the city requires two sets for permit.  One is the large format and one is a "reduced, to-scale" set.  The reduced set has to be scalable by the reviewers but on a smaller sheet.  The easiest answer would be just to scale the output in the print dialogue.  The problem is, I need to scale it at 37.5% to fit it all on a legal size sheet and it only allows integers.  

Here's what I want: I want to Duplicate the view as Dependent.  Say the original view is at 1/4"=1'-0".  Then I want to put the Dependent view onto a smaller titleblock and 3/32"=1'-0".  I do not want the text that appears on the original drawing at a 3/32" text height to scale the way Revit wants it to scale.

I have found a convoluted work around using design options, but it is messy and I dont like it.  I am hoping that there is some type of parameter in the titleblock, sheet, etc that would allow you to adjust the annotation scale for all the reduced sheets.

As I said, I'm sure the answer is that Revit can't do it.  If you know one way or the other, let me know and I'll post any fix I can figure out.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rosskirby
in reply to: FAZIOGREG

Export your sheets (full size) to a dwf.  Open in Design Review and print to PDF.  You can choose a percentage print scale from within Design Review, which you can't do natively in Revit.  Bonus: you've got a record set that has live-link detail callouts.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 5
cbcarch
in reply to: FAZIOGREG

I have been down this road at several different offices over the last few years.

In most cases, we did this:

Full Size Sheets - 30" x 42" --- Text size 1/8"
Half size sheets - 15" x 21"-----Print at 50% scale; results in 1/16" text--about as small as possible before it becomes illegible.

This seemed to satisfy just about everyone involved, including Project Mgrs, PAs, City Plan Reviewers, Principals, Owners, Consultants, etc.

There is a point where you stop fighting the software, and just use what it CAN do, and accept the fact that the benefits of BIM begin to outweigh the smaller tradeoffs where Revit is not quite as customizable as _________ ( fill in name of older cadd software that was used in the past.)

cheers.........

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 4 of 5
FAZIOGREG
in reply to: rosskirby

This one seems to be the best option.  Hopefully Autodesk will see this post...

Message 5 of 5
FAZIOGREG
in reply to: cbcarch

This absolutely works but I do hope they add some sort of annotation scale factor by sheet in the next release.  For now, I'll admit that I love Revit despite its few shortcomings...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report