Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot add Components to a Gypboard ceilign that is part of the floor above

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
octavio2
425 Views, 3 Replies

I cannot add Components to a Gypboard ceilign that is part of the floor above

I have a ceiling in a residence, the ceiling being of the first floor but is part of the  Floor of the Second Floor with Gypboard underneath (the gypboard is attached to the joists of the floor above).  I cannot add Components like recessed down lights to the Gypboard ceiling of this First Floor, that is, the Gypboard would not host the recessed can lights. 

Any reasons?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
LisaDrago
in reply to: octavio2

I would suspect that the light is ceiling based... the gyp is part of the floor so it would be considered a floor component and not a ceiling component therefore the light cannot be attached to a floor component.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 4
octavio2

Thanks Lisa. 

Seems odd that Revit at this stage still refuses to consider the bottom gypboard a form of ceiling that could receive a component. 

I was able to add to it a Compound Ceiling and also a Basic Ceiling "Generic", and after taking these additional steps, I was able to put the lighting (all requiring additional steps before the addition of the lighting).  The Compound Ceiling in this situation is an extraneous element that then has to be manipulated if an enlarged detail section is cut thru that room, or I have avoid the enlarged section thru there altogether.

Message 4 of 4
Alfredo_Medina

To avoid the incovenience, and if you have the full Revit, use a lighting fixture from the MEP folders. Those are face-based, not ceiling-based.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report