Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't see beam in my project

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
rimutaka
1709 Views, 11 Replies

I can't see beam in my project

Hi,

I am a new to Revit.

I created a beam family and loaded into project.

The problem was, I can't see this beam in my project. When i checked on properties, its name was there but the icon was blank as shown in attachment.

Can someone explain to me?

Thanks alot.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
ennujozlagam
in reply to: rimutaka

go to view and set your plan region/view range.

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 12
rimutaka
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Hi,

Each time i try to locate a beam, an error message appears " Can't make type ......"
Message 4 of 12
ennujozlagam

have you tried to see in 3d view. Or try to load again go to structure and load family, go to structure > structural framing and try to load from there. Or can you post your beam family that you have created? so we can check.

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 12
rimutaka

Hi,

I can't see beam in 3D.

Attached are "error message" and beam family file.

Thanks for help

Message 6 of 12
rimutaka

I try to send "beam" file but it failed.

Message 7 of 12
ennujozlagam

try to ZIP the files and post

Message 8 of 12
rimutaka

see attachment

Message 9 of 12
ennujozlagam

hi, just follow your family parameters. hope this helps.

Message 10 of 12
rimutaka

Hi,

Yes, it works!!

Can you explain to me what's wrong with my steps in creating beam family?

Thanks lots.

Message 11 of 12
ennujozlagam

hi, you can compare the difference between the two families yours and mine and see what the difference between them . What i did i used the existing structure framing files ( i guess) and modified from there. I created the tapered end beam using extrusion in front view (below the finish level usually beam is under the finish level unless it is a upstand beam) so that i dont need to use the the void extrusion for tapered line. I add the parameter in the family using instance instead of type so that once i load into the project i can change the dimension individually.

Thanks and regards,

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!!!!!....shalom……….

Message 12 of 12
rimutaka

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report